This is one of those root around in the cupboard/fridge and see what I have kind of salads, but it actually worked out really well. Its a nice fresh summer type salad, for eating outdoors in the sunshine as a very lazy lunch. This makes lunch for 2-3, or as a side for 4-5.
- 2x400g tins of chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g chopped leek
- 75g walnuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- Saute the chopped leek in olive oil over a medium heat in a saucepan until softened and starting to crisp, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon juice, remianing olive oil, creme fraiche, chopped garlic clove and half the chopped mint in a jar/container with a lid, and shake vigourously to make the dressing.
- Take the leeks off the heat and stir in the drained chickpeas.
- Leave to cool slightly until a bit warm and add the feta, walnuts, dressing and remaining mint to the leek and chickpeas.
- Stir the ingedients together to combine, check for seasoning and serve.