This my recipe for the traditional Spanish chilled tomato soup. It’s very refreshing for Summer, and pretty healthy to boot.It makes 4 starter portions or 2 lunch portions.
- 1kg cherry or vine tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 75g soft, mild goats cheese, rind removed+ extra to top
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 handful of cubes of stale bread
- salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients except the croutons in a liquidiser, or blend with a hand held mixer.
- Push through a sieve to remove seeds and remaining skin.
- Chill for 2-3 hours, taste and season.
- Serve topped with the extra crumbled goats cheese and croutons.