This is a really good quick, tasty, and moderately healthy supper. It can be done from start to finish in about 15 minutes, and serves four as a main.
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 150g of frozen petit pois
- 400g of spaghetti
- 100g of pinenuts
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g grated pecorino cheese (plus more to add at the table if required)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Chop the leeks into narrow rounds and gently saute.
- When the leeks start to separate from the round into individual layers (approximately 4 minutes), add the petit pois and saute for approximately 3-4 minutes until everything is soft, and the leeks are slightly golden.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water according to packet instructions while the leeks and peas are cooking.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender (i use a cheap hand held blender and it works fine) and puree until it is a paste. Don’t worry if it is quite thick, the heat of the pasta will liquify it.
- Drain the spaghetti, and toss with the leek/pea mixture and sauce.
- Add more pecorino at the table if required.