Being Irish, I don’t really think anything counts as a meal unless potatoes are somehow involved…Serves 4 as a side
- 750g potatoes
- 2 lemons
- olive oil
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- Several sprigs of rosemary (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric (optional)
- Parboil the potatoes for around 10 minutes (less if using small potatoes) until they are starting to soften, but not completely cooked.
- Grate the zest of one lemon, and juice both the lemons.
- Once they have cooled, cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place in a roasting pan and toss in olive oil and garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice. Add a tablespoon of water.
- Rip up the rosemary with your hands and add to the potatoes.
- Add the turmeric (this is only to give the potatoes a nice yellow colour, it doesn’t add any flavour).
- Roast in an oven at 200 degrees celsius, for approximately 45 minutes, or until nicely crisped and golden.