Mustard and curry may not be an obvious combination, but bear with me, they go strangely well together. This is a nice summer salad to go with a barbecue or some such, its quick and easy to make. Serves 4 as a side.
- 800g potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder/paste (adjust to preference)
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Handful chopped hazelnuts/almonds (optional)
- Boil or parboil the potatoes, depending on your preference (parboiling is better for stopping them from turning flaky and mushy) until soft, 5 or 10 minutes depending on the size.
- Chop into bite sized chunks.
- Mix the creme fraiche, lemon juice, mustard and curry powder/paste together to form a dressing.
- Toss with the potatoes, onions, shallots and nuts.