As Summer seems to be rapidly bypassing Autumn into winter, soup is the order of the day. Chorizo features a lot in my recipes, as it is a very easy way to give a great boost of flavour to various recipes, and a little goes a long way. Serves 4 as a starter.
- 1x 400g tin of white beans
- 100g blanched almonds, chopped
- 75g chorizo,chopped
- 4 large onions,chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 litre chicken/vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Saute the onions on a medium heat until soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almonds, beans, paprika and stock.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, until the the liquid has reduced and flavours are blended.
- Blend with a hand held liquidiser or blender.
- Swirl in balsamic vinegar in each before serving.