- Quesadillas are kind of a new obsession, since starting a new time intensive job and realising that at some point completing my thesis might be a good plan. They are very quick to make, and something which you can always have the ingredients for lying around. They can be a snack or a meal, and perfect post pub food. These are perhaps not the healthiest thing in the world, but they are very very tasty, and take about 5 minutes to make. You can adjust the bacon according to personal taste.
Makes four, enough for two as a meal or a few as a snack.
- 4 Flour tortillas.
- 200g of goats cheese.
- 50-100g of bacon, depending on preference.
- 2 avocados, skinned and thinly sliced.
- Sunflower oil
- First, fry the bacon in the tiniest amount of oil, until crispy.
- Next, divide the goats cheese between the four tortillas.
- Fold each in half, and press down to seal the two sides and distribute the cheese.
- Pre-heat a separate pan to the bacon (or fry in bacon fat if you prefer).
- The frying pan should be very hot when you put the quesadilla in, so it will brown quickly 45 seconds to 1 minute on each side, while melting the cheese a bit but not so much that it gets grainy.
- They should be golden brown and crispy.
- Open again, divide the bacon and avocado equally between all four.
- Serve immediately.